The Nikon D4X is expected to be announced in fall, 2013. D4X will replaced the Nikon D3X.
Here are some rumored specs, take a look below:
Sensor: 48 or 54 Megapixel full size CMOS (same like Sigma Foveon) or 3-layer JFET-LBCAST sensor (Canon is also rumored to make the EOS 3D with big megapixel at 46.1 MP.) Sensor made by: Nikon Dynamic range: Over 18 F-Stops Sensitivity: 25-51200 ISO (Boost 102400, 204800, 409600) Light metering: New type 48 or 54 Megapixel light metering sensor Frame rate: 12 frames/sec Price: Over 8000 euros, the Nikon D3X is $6,679 now.
Update: More Nikon D4X Specs from Nikon Rumors:
- Same body design as the Nikon D4
- 36 MP sensor (Same as D800) without AA filter, designed and made by Nikon, with some new improvements (moire in-camera reduction)
- 6 fps (11 fps is the maximum possible fps with the current shutter)
- Few video improvements
- Price should be few hundred dollars above the Nikon D4 ($5,996).
- Announcement expected in fall of 2013