- Learn Programming Concepts with Scratch
- Expand Robotics & Technical Knowledge
- Project-Based Courses & Video Tutorials
- First-Person Racing & Game Modes
- 128° 1080/720 FPV Gimbal Camera
- Omnidirectional Chassis/Brushless Motor
- 6 Audio/Visual Recognition Functions
- Track People + React to Other Robots
- Reach to Claps + 44 Visual Markers
- Intelligent Sensing Armor
Advanced, Safe, and Intuitively Designed
The S1, short for ‘Step 1’, is a highly advanced rover designed to give new users an easy introduction to AI, engineering , and robotics. With its simple controls, a dedicated RoboMaster app, easily navigable menus, and a wealth of tutorials, the S1 is approachable to newcomers while offering advanced features to users already experienced in AI, engineering, and robotics.
The S1 is equipped with 31 sensors to help map the world around it, including six on its intelligent body armor, which are used in competition mode to detect hits. Atop the durable S1 frame is a first – person view (FPV) camera that sends a stabilized live fee d from the S1 to the RoboMaster app. It also features a specialized mechanical gimbal with an infrared and nontoxic gel bead Blaster, which automatically limits launching rate and angle to help ensure safety. The S1 is modular with DJI parts and also includes six Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control ports so advanced users can take advantage of third party hardware.
Using the FPV camera and machine vision technology, the S1 can identify different objects automatically, recognize and respond to sounds, and receive signals from other S1 units. The powerful central processing unit and industrial – grade CAN – bus cable enable it to process large amounts of data, maintaining a stable transmission signal even while performing multiple tasks. Along with its custom b rushless motor, the S1 has four Mecanum wheels, most commonly found on competitive robots, each with 12 rollers that allow omnidirectional movement and precision control while operating.
Experience and Explore Advanced Technology
The S1 is equipped with leading machine vision technology, enabling users to get hands – on experience with real – world applications. The S1 can perform six intelligent recognition functions , including:
– Line Follow: Create a fun and interactive course and map out the path desired for the S1. Program Line Follow through the RoboMaster app and the S1 will automatically follow the line.
– Vision Marker Recognition: The S1 can recognize up to 44 Vision Markers, including numbers, letters , and special characters, which opens more potential for coding, combat, and training.
– Follow Mode: Built into the RoboMaster app, the S1 can identify and track a person selected in the S1’s field of vision.
– Clap Recognition: A built – in clap recognition module on the S1 can be programmed for unique responses based upon clap rhythm and quantity.
– Gesture Recognition: The S1 can be programmed to recognize an array of physical hand gestures similar to some DJI drones.
– S1 Recognition: The S1 can recognize other S1 units and perform unique movements based o n how it is programmed.
Users looking for more advanced functions can write Scratch 3.0 or Python code to program their own unique S1 functions, from how it moves , to increasing efficiency and optimizing the torque of the four wheels. Users can even write their own programs and add them as custom skills, which can be used during gameplay for an added advantages uch as ‘Hit and Turn Back’, where the S1 turns and counter – attacks after being hit from behind. The S1 encourages users to continue learning and push the boundaries of their own creativity. Built into the RoboMaster app, users will have access to ‘Road to Mastery’, an immersive, project – based course series to educate S1 owners on pro gramming languages. Additionally, ‘RoboAcademy’ offers informative video tutorials and programming guides to introduce robotics and coding. New courses will continually be added and updated for both ‘RoboAcademy’ and ‘Road to Mastery’.
Interactive and Entertaining Modes
Inspired by the standard robots featured in DJI’s international RoboMaster Robotics Competition, the S1 features several fun and interactive competition modes. SOLO modes include Target Practice and Target Race , where users must scan preset Vision Markers. Multiplayer Battle m odes include Race and Free – for – All. In Race mode, users race S1s to scan numbered Vision in the right sequence, and the player who completes the course fastest wins. In Free – for – All mode, players battle using either gel beads or infrared beams. To add even more excitement, the multiplayer battle mode has four Mystery Bonuses that players can use against their opponents: Dizziness, Electromagnetic Interference, Extreme Speed , and Invincibility.